Multiple school systems around Alabama are setting up times for drive-through lunch pickups. The programs are designed to support children who depend on schools for breakfast or lunch, even as schools are closed due to coronavirus.
Montgomery Public Schools - The following locations will provide the meals:
- Bellingrath Middle School
- Brewbaker Middle School
- Booker T. Washington Magnet High School
- Carr Middle School
- Chisholm Elementary School
- Crump Elementary School
- Dalraida Elementary School
- E.D. Nixon Elementary School
- Floyd Middle Magnet School
- Johnson Elementary School
- McKee Middle School
- Martin Luther King Elementary School
- Pintlala Elementary School
- Southlawn Middle School
- T.S. Morris Elementary School
- Wares Ferry Elementary School
The school system says the sites will serve breakfast from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and lunch from 11 a.m to 1 p.m. Those meals will be available for free for anyone 18 and under regardless of what school they attend.
Pike Road Schools - Curbside meal pick up will begin on March 25. The pick-up site is the Historic Campus (middle school) located at 4710 Pike Road. This takes place from 11 a.m. until 1 p.m.
Crenshaw County - Meals served between 10:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on March 19, 20, 23, 24, 25, 26, and 27 in the parking lot of the following locations. Each sack meal will include breakfast and lunch.
- In Brantley, meals can be picked up at Brantley High School and Dozier Town Hall
- In Highland Home, meals can be picked up at Highland Home School Drop-off Line, Helicon Community Center, and Honoraville Community Center
- In Luverne, meals can be picked up at Luverne High School, Faith Walk Church, Rutledge Community Center, and Petrey Town Hall
Elmore County - Meals served on March 17, 20, 23, 25, 27, 30 and April 1 and 3 between 11 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. at the following locations.
- Coosada Elementary School
- Eclectic Middle School
- Holtville High School
- Redland Elementary School
- Wetumpka Middle School
Macon County Schools - Starting on March 17 through April 3, meals will be served to students from 10:30 a.m. until 12:30 p.m. at the following locations.
- Brownville area - Chisholm Community Center
- Mt. Nebo/Fort Davis area - Cotton Valley Community Center
- Notasulga area - Next to Langford Nutrition Center
- Warrior Stand/Borumville area - District 2 community center
- Tuskegee area - Rear of BTW
- Shorter area - Prairie Farms Center
Opelika City Schools - Starting on March 23 from 11 a.m. until 12:30 p.m., the following locations will serve meals to those under 18 regardless of the school they attend.
- Carver Primary School
- Opelika High School
Phenix City - Meals will be served from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. March 18, 19 and 20 and from March 30 through April 3 at the following locations.
- Frederick Douglas Apartments
- Hidden Hills Trace Apartments
- Whispering Pines Apartments
- Sumbry Hill Apartments
- Spring Ridge Apartments
- Riverview Apartments
- Greenleaf Apartments
- Steeplecrest Apartments
- 420 Martin Luther King Parkway
- Sanford Park Road
- Brookwood Park Apartments
- L.P. Stough
- LIVE Garrett Woods Apartments
- Edmond Estates Apartments
State officials have announced a new, toll-free number for people who develop symptoms of coronavirus and need to be tested. For more on how to get tested, you can call 1-888-264-2256.