Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama is warning its customers about national Coronavirus scams.
Scam Warning Signs:
- Door to door solicitation for any testing and prescribing for COVID -19; (tell individual(s) you are not interested, and you will contact your physician).
- Phone calls asking for health insurance contract information for free testing and services; (hang up immediately).
- Outreach from unfamiliar healthcare workers offering to send you a home test kit.
- False advertisements for vaccinations or medications to treat the disease.
- Unexplained or unauthorized laboratory tests or prescriptions appearing on your Blue Cross Explanation of Benefits statement.
- Advertisements offering health products that are ineffective against COVID-19 such as herbal teas, supplements, oils or ointments.
- Spear phishing emails referencing COVID-19 which contain malware.
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama says if you suspect healthcare fraud, please report it to AlabamaBlue.com/fraud or call its fraud hotline at (800) 824-4391.
Total Confirmed Cases in Alabama: 78
Total Affected Counties: 15 of 67
Total Deaths: 0